- Who is EditMyEnglish?
- EditMyEnglish, a subsidiary of Grammar Labs, LLC, was one of the first web-based proofreading services available via the Internet. We have edited over 80,000 documents and served customers from over 90 different countries. As an organization comprised of professional people dedicated to helping you look your best, EditMyEnglish focuses on offering high quality, fast turnaround services at very competitive prices. We are committed to excellence in editing and proofreading services. We ensure that your documents come back to you in clear, concise, and grammatically correct English. Our editors are highly educated and well qualified to guarantee your satisfaction.
- What is the background of your editors?
- All of our editors have been carefully screened and are well qualified for the position. Each has a four-year degree from a U.S. university, and many have a master’s degree. Additionally, all of our editors are native English speakers. We are confident that you will find our editors to be among the best in the industry.
- How will I know what you have changed in my document?
- Our editors use the “Track Changes” feature in MS Word in order to clearly show the suggested improvements to the document. You can see an example of an edited document here.
- What happens if I am not satisfied with the final product?
- EditMyEnglish is a professional organization focused on doing our best to make you, our customer, look great! We provide the best service possible, and each document is double checked before returning it to you. If you are dissatisfied with your finished product, you can re-submit it for further editing or contact customer service at
info@EditMyEnglish.com for a full refund. We are committed to your satisfaction.
- How does your guarantee work?
- We are confident that our proofreading services are the best in the industry. If you find that our editors have missed a grammatical error, email us at
info@EditMyEnglish.com. We will promptly correct the error and refund the full price of the page.
- How do I know that EditMyEnglish is a reputable company?
- EditMyEnglish has been a one owner company that has served over 8,000 customers from over 90 countries since 2004. We are committed to providing our customers with a high-quality product in a timely fashion. If you would like to try out our editing services before making a payment, just select the free sample option in the product submission process. Click here to open an account and submit your free sample today.
- I see that you offer Basic, Premium and Premium Plus Editing services. What are the difference between these service offering?
- Regardless of which service offering you choose, you will receive the same high-quality editing of your text; i.e., our editor will correct all of the grammar, structure, and flow error in your text in order to help you produce an error-free, polished text that reads like it was written by native English speaker. However, there are a few benefits that separate the three editing options. The Basic Editing service is only available to high school and university students. It is our lowest cost editing option, and it only allows for a 72 hour turnaround option. The Premium Editing service is open to all customers and includes urgent turnaround options of 4 hours, 8 hours, 24 hours and 48 hours. The Premium Plus Editing service is available to all clients and allows the client to choose the editor of their project. It also includes an overall summary report of the editor's impressions of the client's general writing skills and writing contained in the document itself. The turnaround time for Premium Plus Editing is 120 hours, and it includes one free revision editing of the same document if necessary. See here for a summary table of the similarities and differences between these services.
- Why does EditMyEnglish use PayPal and Stripe for payment purposes?
- We have chosen to use PayPal and Stripe as providers for credit card payments mostly for the benefit of our customers. Both of these providers are free services for our customers and allow quick and easy transactions. PayPal and Stripe also keep records for the customer of all transactions made, which will help you maintain all of your information. PayPal is also convenient for repeat customers because you only need to sign up the first time you use the service. Stripe does not even require the customer to register for an account for to use this service.
- Can I get an invoice for my project?
- Yes! You can print an invoice from your customer account by clicking “invoice” under the “Download Forms” column. If you have any questions or need any special accommodations for your invoice, please contact customer service directly at
- How do I know that the information that I submit to you will be kept confidential?
- Will my contact information be given out to other companies?
- Does EditMyEnglish accept non-academic projects?
- Yes, we do! Our editors are well qualified to proofread papers on many different subjects.
- Do you accept work that may be turned in for a grade?
- We do, indeed, accept work that is intended to be turned in for a grade. We believe that recognizing and learning from personal mistakes is an important part of education. We strongly advise that you review the corrections made and the suggestions offered by the editors and apply them to your future work.
- Can I get a certificate to prove that my project has been edited by your company?
- Yes! You can print an editing certificate from your customer account by clicking “editing certificate” under the “Download Forms” column. If you have any questions or need any special accommodations for your editing certificate, please contact customer service directly at
- Is editing considered plagiarism?
- No, it is not. Plagiarism is a form of academic dishonesty, and it is formally defined as “the practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own” according to the Oxford Dictionary. Our editors suggest changes to correct grammar and structure errors and improve flow and readability. They do not insert ideas of their own. Therefore, you can safely submit your text for editing without fear of plagiarism. However, we do not correct plagiarism issues within your text because this requires serious ghost writing, which is beyond the bounds of an editing service.
- I see that I can choose between American or British English. What if I need Australian English? Canadian English? Or some other variant?
- As you may be aware, there are many different dialects for the English language, each with their own special characteristics. However, each of these lean more toward American or British English as a category. For example, Canadian English leans more toward American English, and Australian English leans more toward British English. Therefore, we would recommend that you choose the English type that most closely matches your specific choice and then leave a message on the project message board to explain the specific needs of your project.